Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Spirit of 1 Malaysia

SELAMAT HARI MERDEKA,EVERYONE!!!


Lets fly those Stripes of Glory a.k.a. Jalur Gemilang starting today til 16th of September,prior to our Malaysia Day 2010.

On every Merdeka Day,my parents would go through the hassle of attending Merdeka Day celebration as VIPs to the allocated venues.As for this year it was held at Stadium Putra Bukit Jalil.When their driver picked them up early this morning at home,I was awake to say goodbye.Before leaving,Ayah advised me to switch on the TV and watch the ceremony.We should be doing that if we failed to celebrate it with other fellow Malaysians at the venue as a proof of our patriotism towards our country's independence.But instead,I went straight to bed again after they'd left.Such a slacker,guilty as charged!=P

A few hours before berbuka,my parents dragged me along to go Raya shopping with them.They were particularly searching for matching songkets.I wasn't into songkets that much as the material made me itch miserably,regardless it it was an expensive traditional one or the contemporary songket.No doubt songkets are undeniably beautiful and artsy.



My parents aimed to shop at Fatimah Songket and Istana Songket earlier today,as they were claimed as regular customers by the owner of both shops.Most of the songkets there were handmade from Terengganu,and according to most people,Terenggnu songkets are the best.The colors chosen were vibrant and totally eye-catching,not forgetting ridiculously overpriced!The songket that Ayah bought just now cost him RM5k++ after 20% discount!Can you imagine that?I could buy another LV bag for that price!


Since my parents always wear matching colored outfits,Ibu tried to find a similar color of baju kurung songket to Ayah's sampin songket for Raya.After a few attempts of search,she finally found the perfect one.

It was a new contemporary songket design of baju kurung.Beautiful but not my style=P

Camwhoring on the sofa of the boutique.Raya shopping can be boring sometimes.

Those songket vibrant and lively colors totally glared my eyesight.So enough for today.Happy Independence Day again,Malaysians!We are 1 Malaysia,now and forever=)