Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Buffets Here and There

The great thing bout breaking fast on ground during off days instead of breaking fast way up in the sky is that I get to join my parents for Ramadhan buffets all over the place.Some were undeniably yummy,but some were just trying too hard to compete with others,which ended up sucking BIG time!

FYI,Ibu never cooked!Cooking is definitely not her field of interest.All my life,I've been fed with outside food,which clearly explained my skin-and-bones figure as I got to choose whatever I wanted to consume instead of being obliged to finish up your mom's cooking.So whenever Ramadhan is around,when my parents do not get any buka puasa invitations frm their associates,friends or clients,we will spontaneously try all sorts of Ramadhan buffet promotions around town.

On the 1st and 2nd of Ramadhan,my parents went to PJ Hilton and Grand Blue Wave for berbuka as they were cordially invited by Ayah's acquaintances.Too bad I wasn't around utk tumpang sekaki=(Yesterday,we tried the Ramadhan buffet at Sari Ratu,Subang Jaya.Food was great but the environment sucked.It was too jam packed with tables all over the place.To my surprise,next to our  table was a long big table booked by my senior crews whom just got back frm a class at the academy.Most of them noticed me and started waving and said Hi.As for today,Sweetie Pie and I actually planned on breaking our fast together at Chilli's,Midvalley after our movie.But then,one phone call frm Ibu changed the whole plan.She insisted that we joined her and Ayah at Serambi Pak Engku in Shah Alam.At first,both of us were like "Where the hell is that?!"

Well,Serambi Pak Engku turned out to be a very homely place to berbuka with pleasant surroundings.Everything there was very kampung-ish.All the dishes served were masakan kampung,complimented with antique old China sets to be used by customers.

Tables were laid out with songket  table runners,and even the waitresses were dressed in Baju Kurung Kedah paired with kain batik.How unique was that?As for background music,a group of ghazal folks played old malay songs melodiously.Overall rating,I would give it an 8.5 out of 10!=)

More buffet invitations coming up next week,hoping I'll be around to enjoy them=)