Monday, August 30, 2010

Preparing The Unprepared

We are proudly celebrating 2 massive events in another 2 weeks!Yeayy!!Besides Hari Raya Aidilfitri,my younger cousin is following my foot steps in getting engaged to her longterm boyfie on 3rd Raya.

As a close cousin,I could already feel the heat of the celebration by getting involved with some minor preparations.Of course nothing major coz I have my flights to deal with.So,for starters,we planned to gather at my granny's house in Muar today,somewhere in between,as my cousins were all frm the South,JB.Ibu and I were helping my cousin (lets just call her Angah) by playing a role as her unpaid costume advisors,so we brought along a few songket outfits to be considered by Angah,to be worn during her engagement.We didn't give her that much of options as it was pretty hard to search for nice songket outfits nowadays.
Angah was the one on the right with pink cardigan.

FYI,Angah picked a theme for her engagement which is Traditional Culture.The ceremony will be held at 1 of those community village houses at Yayasan Johor that they rented,sos he wanted everything to tally with the environment and surroundings of the venue.From pelamin,to the decorations of hantaran and costume will be 100% traditional,no room for modern aspects.Even the guests invited are encouraged to wear traditional old outfits to blend with the theme.It's a little tedious,but can be successfully done with lots of effort.

After hours of discussing and changing of outfits,all of us agreed on this kebaya songket.It was actually Ibu's wedding dress back in year 1985=)

Well,nothing was confirmed yet but she'd probably wear this for her engagement.I'd say 70% of the chances.Opps,sorry Angah!I'm such a big-mouthed surprise spoiler=P

At noon,the three of us,Huda (Angah's elder sis who is my age),Angah and I decided to go our cousins' outing coz it has been awhile since we last hung out together.Shopping malls in Muar?They suck big time so we headed to Baitul 'Mal Bazaar instead.It's a bazaar with a variety of baju kurung,kebaya,baju melayu and tudung choices to be chosen from.Well,not really my type of shopping place but what the heck.At least I got to spend some quality time with my cousins.And the not so surprising part bout them would be they love cameras as much as I do too!

After this pic was taken,a sales woman sitting near asked me "Adik ni anak patung ke manusia?=)"
Yeah,random yet something that I'm immune with,as I got that a lot.Even Sweetie Pie sometimes called me his 'anak patung'.



They ended up buying a pair of baju melayu for their father a.k.a. my uncle and I ended up buying nothing except an RM5 (equal to a jug) of sugar cane drink for the whole family for berbuka.Tiring,yet swell day.Despite the fact that I wouldn't be able to attend Angah's engagement on the 3rd of Raya as I'll be off to the land of the rising sun,it was satisfying enough to get partially involved with the preparations.Just a little role made all the differences=)