Saturday, August 28, 2010

Raya Spirit

HIP,HIP,HOOOORRAAAYYYY!!!!*jumping up and down with joy*=D

Why was I jumping?

Merdeka?

Buka puasa time?

Raya?

Let me show you folks my flight schedule for next month that we just recently got,and note the dates of my off days :

Did you get it?I was jumping joyfully as the rostering department had been so generous for giving me off days during Raya!Not just one,but 3 off days in a row including Raya's eve!I didn't apply for any leave on Raya dates as it never mattered that much to me,it was Ramadhan that I treasured the most all this years,until now.

Since I'll get to celebrate Raya with my family at my hometown this year,I was all spirited up to go shopping as the 1st step of my Raya preparation.Sweetie Pie was kind enough to accompany me shopping and treating me for berbuka.At first,everything seemed to be going on so well since I found the perfect gorgeous baju kurung for the 1st day of Raya.It is simple,yet sparkly enough to lighten up a whole room of people with the same Raya spirit as mine.I was very happy with my purchase=D
I might not look thrilled in this pic as it was a candid,but truly,I was=)

Next stop,we went to 1Utama for berbuka at Fish & Co.It was Sweetie Pie's first time there so he tried the Seafood Platter while I settled for my favorite Teriyaki Salmon.Apparently,I just discovered few types of new drinks being introduced in the menu so we ordered 1 drink named the Jungle Freeze.It was told that the drink was a mixture of several exotic local fruits including rambutan,but when it was served to us,we were surprised to DEATH with the size of the glass of the drink!More like a drink for GIANTS than for normal people like us.
But the taste was good though.Loved it!

We hafta share it in order to finish the whole glass of it.


Due to the fullness of stomach after berbuka and tiredness,things got a little bitter slightly after that.Things tend to go wrong one after another.I started experiencing menstrual pain around the stomach,so my mood to shop fluctuated.As for Sweetie Pie,he found a perfect pair of loafers for himself but it turned out that it was the last pair and the size didn't match well.Our faces had turned from cheerful to sour,so we decided to go home.

When we reached Shah Alam,my parents invited Sweetie Pie to come in and hangout with us for a little while.Boy,my parents were so expert in putting smiles on our faces back again with their jokes,drinks and tit-bits.Even little Billie played her part by being a humorous diva,and her attitude totally cracked us all up.When Sweetie Pie finally said goodnight to all of us,the day was finally perfect again.And definitely worth blogging about;;)