Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pop Icons

Do you remember the days when teenage pop icons used to be our muses?Remember how influential Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera could be back then?We listened and danced to their songs,we adored how they looked like in their music videos and we tend to daydream bout boys we didn't even know just because Britney sang "You tell me you're in love with me..like you can't take your pretty eyes away from me..." or Mandy sang "..I'm craving for you,I'm missing you like candy...".This probably applied to my fellow girlfriends all over the world out  there,definitely not the guys.

Back then,I was crazy bout MTV!That was the only channel I clicked to whenever I was home during the monthly overnight outings or school holidays.Britney,Mandy Moore and Christina were my inspiration,their songs made me go through my abnormal teenage life at the boarding school memorably.Not forgetting the Backstreet Boys and N'Sync as well.Hehe.Well,time flies.The only thing that connects me with my teenage days that was long gone now is Glee!

Last Tuesday on Glee's 2nd episode of Season 2,it was all bout Britney Spears.Britney mania baby!Well,just like they said in the episode,Britney inspired them as they grew up listening to songs frm Britney.All I can say is that our parents or Tun Dr Mahathir could be the greatest role models in our lives while growing up,but pop icons that we used to adore will just remain in our rusty minds even after 10-20 years.See how influential and powerful they can be?Wanna bring back those sweet memories of yours being a young dreamy girl?Watch those clips I provided below.Maybe you might consider weaving those pigtails and putting on those pink gym bras again;;D





Enjoy!