Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Kerongkong Ache

Today was the last day for my parents and I to break our fast in KL.As for tomorrow,my cousins and I've planned to have our last buka puasa before Raya at granny's house in Muar.Yeayy!!

Sakura Fuji Restaurant was our choice of venue for berbuka earlier just now.We felt like filling our stomachs with some teppanyaki,miso soup,tempura and those delicious so-called ABC,Fuji Snow,as dessert.While waiting for Maghrib to break our fast,we had the chance to walk around Plaza Masalam and like we always expected every year,every single thing was already on 50% discount,such as songkok,baju kurung for ladies and baju melayu for gentlemen!I bet the sellers would like to clear their stocks before Raya,so they wanted everything to go,even if they were sold at bargain prices.Ayah generously offered himself to buy me few more baju Raya,and being the evil opportunist daughter as I always were,I made Ayah buy me 2 new baju kurungs=P Did you folks noticed that baju kurung made of English cotton eventually became so popular this year?Those baju kurung cotton were all over the place,with different colors and patterns!I didn't wana feel left out with the cotton trend for this year's Raya so those were what I asked Ayah to buy for me.Hehe.Thank you,Ayah=)

Anyway,we ordered a Teppanyaki combination set which included ice cream as dessert.Ayah pushed his bowl of chocolate chip ice cream to me immediately as it arrived.I asked him "Why are you pushing your ice cream bowl to me?You don't wana have it?".Then ayah replied "I have kerongkongek"..Both Ibu and I looked at each other with confused looks and said "HUH?!"

Haha!Despite those serious expression that he put on 24/7 on his face,Ayah can be spontaneously funny at times.We hardly get his jokes in seconds after he told it,but after registering it to our brains,we'll find it funny in a brilliant way.In case some of you didn't get what he meant by 'kerongkongek' just now,it was supposed to be 'kerongkong ache' as in sore throat.It was simply too bizarre for Ibu and I to register that word in our brains.After few minutes of thinking,then only we both laughed to that joke,and ourselves for that matter.So after berbuka,we dragged Ayah to the nearest clinic to get a cure for his terrible kerongkong ache.


So folks,take good care of yourself and your health.We don't want anybody to be sick and leave all those delicious food and kuih raya for the healthy ones to enjoy it,do we?And enjoy your last day of puasa tomorrow!