Friday, September 3, 2010

Metrosexuals

You are officially classified as a metrosexual if :

* you walk past Calvin Klein or Armani Exchange and you feel like you just hafta check out their new range of jeans and shirts.

* you get your haircuts from A Cut Above or Razor Edge.To be specific,only professional hairstylists can touch your hair.

* you go to pharmacies regularly to replenish your depleting skin care products especially facial foams and moisturizers.

* you can't help yourself frm getting a glimpse of your perfect reflection when you encounter with mirrors.

* you requested for a slim fit tailor made baju melayu  for Raya frm your tailor.

p/s : the last point is applicable to this particular Hamba Allah =D


Metrosexual is a new name for something quite old,men with taste and style who practically know bout fashion,art,and culture(regardless if they're urban or classic).Some people might think metrosexuals are gays,but most of them are actually the opposite,as straight as an arrow.Nowadays,men are concern over their looks and aesthetic as much as women.And I'm telling you,these metrosexuals are everywhere!

I went for the last Raya shopping(for this year) with Sweetie Pie earlier today coz he needed to add more shirts into his closet,mainly for this coming Raya.I totally had enough purchases for Raya,so I came out to be the innocent bystander,no devil horns on my head with the extreme urge to splurge.

First stop was Topman.Sweetie Pie tried on 5 shirts but in the end he simply said "None of them really hit my fashion taste buds"..Pfftt!Talking bout a male diva here...

The bystander just innocently camwhored by the fitting room.

Oh actually,our 1st stop was Cotton On,my mistake=P..But Sweetie Pie didn't try on any of the shirts coz he said that most of them looked like pyjamas.Or was it me who said that?Hmmm...Never mind,but next stop after Topman was Zara.Apparently,Zara was crowded like sardines in a can,particularly at men's section!The ladies' section was merely empty.I looked around the men's section and I could tell that most of them there were metrosexuals just by looking at the way they dressed,the way they looked at themselves in the big mirror outside the fitting room and the choice of garments they picked for themselves.Some of them lingered around the section alone,while some in groups.I was too fascinated with these metrosexuals til I could find myself admiring them,including Sweetie Pie of course.



Well,my job as the bystander was done as soon as Sweetie Pie found 2 perfect shirts for himself there at Zara.We headed bck to Shah Alam for berbuka with my parents at Famous Thai,Masalam Plaza.Traffic was tremendously horrible these days,and I seriously had no idea why.It took us almost 2hours to travel frm 1Utama to Shah Alam.

Well,I hope you folks are utterly prepared for Raya,in terms of Raya cookies,outfits and other necessities,or else you should head to the nearest shopping mall and grab the stuffs while they're on discounts!The mega sale is not due up to 16th September but most stores are no longer participating after the weekends.So good luck with the preparations!=)

FYI,I called my Sweetie Pie "beaver" bcoz of his 2 cute front teeth.Found this adorable tee at 1 of the stores earlier.What a match!=D