Friday, September 17, 2010

The 1st Open House

The 1st Raya open house which I got the chance to attend was at my fiancé's parents' lovely home.Yeayy!!I was so thrilled when Aunty Asiah (Sweetie Pie's mom) told me that they decided to organize a kenduri doa selamat / Raya open house on Hari Malaysia which fell on 16th September a.k.a. my off day from flight!=) Well usually,I didn't get to attend any  open houses that I was invited to every single year due to work factor.And it's a depressing fact that I hafta face,but I'm glad that I was present at the most anticipated open house event of this Syawal.Mainly around to 'wallop' all those scrumptious food served on the buffet table!Haha!Hey,I totally deserved a great meal after all those sweat prickling all over my face due to the hard work I contributed!=P

It was my 1st round =D

I never knew that Sweetie Pie has such a big family on his mom's side!There was once when 6 cars full of his aunties,uncles and cousins ambushed the house all at the same time!Pheww!!*wiping sweat on the forehead* But I was guessing that it could be fun having big families though.At least your house would be filled with laughter,kecohness,and loud voices during family gathering events such as Raya or weddings.

Anyway,I arrived at Sweetie Pie's house at noon and went home at almost 10pm.Honestly it was really really tiring,and there were times I felt like sitting at 1 corner of the house and doze off.But the will of making an eminent impression to the eyes of my in-laws was so much stronger than resting my eyes and muscles,so I eventually gathered the strength I have to go through the day impeccably.

Being interviewed by a group of Sweetie Pie's aunts.

Showing my not-so-great kitchen skills.

Girl talk session with lovely Kak Ra.

Now its time to make my royal entrance into the bedroom and get the rest I need.Tomorrow is movie date day with Sweetie Pie.Yeehaaawww!! =D