Friday, June 4, 2010

Ribbons and Bows

Can't live and can't get enough of them!Although I'm no longer in school or college,I still surround myself with ribbons and bows.You can either spot them on my hair,on my chest,tied on my back or even at my feet.Some people might think ribbons are tacky and so not edgy,but I think they are super cute and fashionable.When talking bout fashion,there are so many high end labels that still includes that cute detail in their designs of clothing or accessories.For example,a dress I've always dreamed of owning by Marc Jacobs called Joelle.It is extremely stylish n chic with a bow detail at the chest.
Take a peek : 
It has been worn by Paris Hilton to a red carpet event and also seen on Blair Waldorf in the famous TV series,Gossip Girl (which I no longer followed as it got more and more complicated by the season).The dress is super pricey but I have vowed to myself that I'll own it in the nearest future.You'll soon see it on me=)
Besides Marc Jacobs,Salavatore Ferragamo has their own signature bow detail that are designed on their shoes/flats and handbags.It is called the Vara bow.I've been longing to get my hands on the Varina flats and a classic Vara bag(which my mom owns one) since like forever!

Whoever came up with the idea of this bow detail was superbly genius.It is undeniably chic and recognized as Salvatore Ferragamo's signature detail.Just like Marc Jacobs' Joelle dress,I am so gonna get myself at least 1 of those Varina flats or Vara bags in future.At least 1!I don't care if they'll cost me a fortune.It will be all worth it!=)
Now we are down to my personal favourite brand,the great Anya Hindmarch.I've been so obsessed with its bags til one day,Sweetie Pie actually suggested to name our future unborn daughter(if we ever gonna have one when we are married,Insyaallah),Anya.Cool name for a baby girl,huh? ;D..I guess most of you are aware of the bow logo trademarked by Anya Hindmarch.And that is why it is at the top of the list of my favourite brands=)


For whatever reason that makes me adore ribbons/bow,I'm never afraid to flaunt my feminism through these beautiful yards of color.I'm a girl who is proud to parade around with a ribbon adorning my ponytail or a ribbon detailed headband on my head.Some guys (especially my darling Juares) just can't resist the innocent charm of a pretty girl with a ribbon in her hair or perhaps tied on her back/chest=)