Friday, June 11, 2010

Manners,Where Art Thou?-Part 2

Heads up,Malaysians!
I can't tolerate with any rudeness,not anymore!Especially when it comes directly frm our own Malaysians.For God sake,we are nothing like the Middle Easterns,so please stop this mad unacceptable behavior!
One incident happened on my flight yesterday.My colleague,Aidan (not his real name), empathetically relocated a passenger in a wheelchair to a nearer seat while boarding,as her original seat was wayyy down the aisle and she didn't even looked like she had the strength to walk that far.She was an old lady who traveled with her husband as old as she was too.When the young passenger whose seat was taken by the old wheel chaired  lady came in and board the aircraft,he insisted on having his seat back and refused to swap seats with the old lady.Things got haywired and the young passenger started accusing Aidan as being unprofessional for swaping his seat behind his knowledge.He said he deserved the seat coz he personally requested for it while checking in.His final words to Aidan was "Have you got no brains?!".Unfortunately,my supervisor was standing right behind him when he said that,so he replied to the young angry passenger nicely "Sir,my colleague sympathized the old wheel chaired passenger,and that was why he relocated her seat,so the lady wouldn't have to walk all the way to row 23.And he definitely have brains,sir"..Then,a young lady seated next to the wheel chaired passenger voluntarily stood up and said that she was willing to take the seat at row 23,and asked the young fella to take her seat.Boo-ya,sucker!Who's ashamed now,huh?!
When we reached our destination,I stood by the door in business class to wish farewell to passengers.As the young inconsiderate fella approached the door to disembark,he said "You guys did a 'fantastic' job tonight!" in sarcasm to me.I knew the drama that happened in economy before we departed just now,so I simply replied "We sure did!" with my million dollar smile spread on my lips,while deep inside me saying "Hope you'll never fly with us again,Loser!"..Seriously,my company has built a good rapport for the pass 40-50 years and we have our own loyal customers.We don't need losers like him on our flights.Sadly,that loser fella was a Malaysian.Not just a Malaysian,but a Malay!I'm so embarrassed with my own race right now.If there are another 10 Malays whose behavior are exactly like him out there,our race are bound to be doomed!
So folks,are we gonna stay being ignorant towards people who will bring our nation down by having unbelievably bad behaviors?I don't think so!
To those who frequently visits my blog,lets change.Be better.How to be better?Start using the 5 magic words that we learnt when we were young in your daily life.And make sure your loved ones do the same.You'll sleep better at night by being nice to everyone every single day.Trust me=)