Monday, October 18, 2010

Til' Death

Remember the fatal Delima Express tragedy that happened at Rembau,on a beautiful evening of 10th October?Well,the tragedy was definitely unforgettable as it took away so many innocent souls tragically.

Many might not be aware of this,but besides our local Malaysians,there were also 3 Myanmar nationals killed in the horrible accident.And one of them was on my flight frm Kul to Yangon yesterday.....

A Myanmar cargo man was analyzing the casket which contained the victim's dead body as soon as we arrived at Yangon International Airport.

But in a casket,at the cargo area of course....

We were told by the traffic staffs that the other 2 victims were flown to Yangon not long after the accident,except for the 3rd body which went through an autopsy procedure bck at our local hospital.

Actually,that wasn't my first flight which carried a a dead body in the cargo.Earlier in 2006,as I was working in business class to a destination I couldn't recall,I noticed a female Chinese passenger seated there with red teary eyes and splotchy face.She refused to have anything that I offered,frm wet towels to beverages and food.Being an empathetic and concerned human being,I couldn't help myself frm asking her what was bothering her.She explained to me that her father just passed away and his body was in a casket at our cargo.She was 'bringing' him home for a proper funeral at their hometown(which I still can't recall).I bet I would've reacted the same way if I was in her shoes.

Death is absolutely the most devastating thing to deal with,even just by looking at some random victim's casket.While we're still living in this temporary world,we shall cherish each other,hoping there'll be no regrets in the future.Enjoy your week folks.Taiwan flight waiting for me tomorrow...*sighs*