Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mockingbirds

I've never actually believed when most people said that mockingbirds are world's most annoying species of birds ever.I thought woodpeckers ranked the highest,until today.To be specific,this beautiful morning.Woke up fresh and vibrant at Hyatt Regency,ready to doll-up and put that perfect smile on my lips.I was all energized to go for flight until I pushed the balcony sliding doors wide open.There was a flock of mockingbirds sitting on the branches of the trees outside.They were perfectly still and quiet.So I started munching a complimentary apple by the balcony,inhaling fresh morning air.All of a sudden,the birds started chirping and singing noisily.At 1st,it sounded more like  nature's sound of beauty and peace but it got worse.It was so annoying,not even melodious.I felt like shooting them with a short gun like Zooey Deschanel did in Failure To Launch.And now I totally got it why Harper Lee won a Pulitzer Prize by writing a novel titled To Kill A Mockingbird,although it contained nothing related to ways of eliminating an actual mockingbird.As our mini van drove through the highways that led us to the airport slightly after that,even my colleagues were discussing bout how irritating the sound of the mockingbirds outside of our hotel rooms.I guess the name 'mocking-bird' describes it all =)