Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Journey To Great Skin


Do you notice those nasty fine lines under my eyes, how my pores are barely visible, canvased with a matte looking skin? If you don't, perhaps you should zoom into the picture above and I'll explain why it seems to be a huge problem.

One simple word for my skin. DEHYDRATED.

For the last 8 long years, my skin had been screaming and knocking on the epidermis wall demanding help or even sending S.O.S. signals, but I ignored its cry. I refused to drink at 3 liters of plain water everyday, I neglected to improve its fragile condition after being exposed to dry recycled air in long hour flights, I slapped on chemically harmful ingredients onto it to be forcefully absorbed, and I've been ignorant towards my irregular sleeping patterns. My eyes were finally opened by a few judgmental therapist/esthetician bout the importance of having great skin in the long term. I've also realized that after being horribly tortured, my skin wasn't being that cruel towards me as the analysis of my skin didn't highlight any 'fatal' permanent damages. In fact, one of the esthetician mentioned that "Your skin doesn't seem so bad for a stewardess who has been flying for 8 years. Most stewardesses have worse skin conditions due to lack of hydration, fatigue, radiation and changes of sleeping patterns." Pheww!! Boy, was I relieved to hear that! 

The comment above was like a booster to my brains, reminding me the importance of beautiful skin every single day. I know that beauty is more than skin deep, but the outer layer, largest, and most important organ of your body needs care too. The surface DOES matter, besides your conscience.

For one whole week I've been trying to be a mechanic to my skin, fixing the 'loop holes', and guess what I discovered? The remedy to my tired and hydrated skin was as simple as breathing. H2O, complete skin care regime (including frequent exfoliation and application of masque) and sleeping before midnight. I drank 3 liters (or more) purified clean water everyday, I double cleansed,toned and moisturized like I used to with additional of deep exfoliation and masque application of every other day, and I skipped watching movies til late at night and jumped into bed before 11 every night. The result? A brighter skin tone and moist skin in just 1 week! To be honest, I've always hated drinking a lot of water as I was too lazy for toilet breaks. And I know most of you girls out there would agree to it. But apparently, these amazing changes on my skin after making water my new bestfriend has encouraged me to drink even more. Ok, I have a simple tip for you girls out there who doesn't drink at least 3 liters of water everyday and finds it difficult to do such. Get yourself to the mall and find 1 adorable drinking tumbler/bottle that catches your eye. Buy that tumbler/bottle, even if it cost you a ridiculous amount of money for 1 freaking tumbler/bottle. Coz trust me, that expensive tumbler/bottle will be a great investment for a beautiful skin that is worthwhile! That fancy tumble/bottle you adore will make you wanna drink whatever that's contained in it.


Above, is my 'Chic Life' buddy. It has been helping me to hydrate my skin for almost 2 weeks now, and so far, it has been doing a tremendous job! A pat on the back :) I never leave home without it. So girls, search for that perfect buddy to help you hydrate! Pronto!

I've been talking too much and I need to stop. By all means, you may ignore those crappy advises above but by the end of this year, I'll be a professional licensed beauty expert (InsyaAllah) that you folks might wana listen to. Hehe. But not to worry. I'll be the expert who loves to share, so any sort of knowledge that might be useful to my beloved lady blog readers out there, I'll put them down here on my blog.


At the moment, I'm undergoing proper trainings and courses with the right people and company to achieve my international professional diploma, majoring in beauty, cosmetology and esthetics. The sponsor of my scholarship for this particular course is a name known by people all over the world, so do not try to doubt my ability and knowledge in the nearest future ;D Til then folks!