Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Fire Alarm

How often do you come across a fire alarm warning at hotels you're staying in,and they happen to be real,not just another planned stupid drill?

Well,I've experienced them TWICE.Once was a warning alarm due to earthquake in Jakarta and recently a fire alarm in Auckland.Man,was I in shock when the front desk confirmed to me that the triggered alarm wasn't a drill.

It was 9am in the morning,and of course,I was still in my comfy PJs,when the fire alarm triggered.The annoying sound was expectedly loud that could stop the heart from beating due to panic.As I opened my hotel room door,a Chinese girl opposite my room came out to assess the condition as well.She immediately understood me when I said,"It's for real",to her.Both of us took our valuables and walked towards the emergency staircase.On the way,the captain and co-pilot from the same set joined us.

I remembered going down the narrow staircase from 11th floor til we finally reached the ground floor.Imagine the exhaustion we suffered!The hotel staffs gathered us at an open space next to the hotel building.To my surprise,three fire trucks were already at sight by the time we got out of the hotel building.So efficient!

As I stood at the open space,there were a few familiar faces,mainly cabin and technical crews from the company.Funny to actually see them in out-of-bed hairdos and sleeping attires!Well,they probably thought of the same thing when they saw me there =P It was a shame that I left my camera in the hotel room or I would have snapped a few funny pictures during the event.

After a few 30 to 45 minutes of thorough checks at the hotel,the group of efficient firemen left the building,and we were allowed to head back to our rooms.Too bad there were no live actions to witness but I was grateful and happy that we were safe from any life threatening dangers.Nobody told us the real cause of the fire alarm warning.

When reaching the hotel room,I continued where I left off.Sleep.


Above is a picture of Jeen and I,at Auckland International Airport.We have been friends for almost 4 years now.The first time I met him,he said I looked like 1 of those Barbie dolls that his sister would play with,and he never stopped calling me 'Barbie doll' ever since.You might wonder where you've seen this handsome Chinese lad before you viewed the picture above.Well,you may have passed the enormous billboard with his face on it like a thousand times by now,out of KLIA towards KL.Yerp,he's even a bigger star than myself.Not a Youtube,but a billboard model!

Anyway,I'm off to Auckland again next week.Keeping my fingers crossed that no more fire alarm will be activated so early in the morning again this time!