Saturday, January 21, 2012

The All Black Affair

After a glorious successful event,it was time to appreciate the talents.The talents who made it all happen,and of course I was talking bout us!

The talents of Cabin Crew Nite 2011.

The committee always have their ways of showing gratitude towards those who have been working hard,not only the talents,but also the producers,managers,technical crews and reps,for months towards Cabin Crew Nite 2011.As a treat,last week,we were invited to a Japanese buffet dinner at Kofuku Japanese Cuisine Restaurant at Seri Pacific Hotel,KL.It was also a chance for all of us to gather once again,since the event last October.The theme and dress code for the appreciation dinner was 'All Black and Creative'.You don't know how tough it was for me to prepare an all black outfit for that dinner as I merely curse on blacks,but still,a theme is a theme.It was meant to be obeyed,so I finally got myself to find a black dress at the very last minute.

Besides stuffing ourselves with endless replenishment of sashimis,tempuras,sushis,and other scrumptious Japanese cuisines,we were entertained with 'special' performances from 2 well known drag queens,as well as a video replay of our performance of West End:The Musical Highlights on Cabin Crew Nite.It was a good thing that they replayed the performance we did that night on video,at least Sweetie Pie got to watch them as he was away on Cabin Crew Nite.Oh,I forgot to mention that we were allowed to bring our spouses/partners to the dinner,so Sweetie Pie tagged along in his all black suit.


Yeah,about that 'special' performances I mentioned earlier,honestly,they were the 1st drag queens I've ever seen performed in real life.I mean,of course,I've watched the musical 'Priscilla,Queen of The Desert' but that night,those drag queens were right in front of my eyes!Man,they were lively and vibrant!One came out performing the song 'Sway' and the other with an Indonesian song.But both did unbelievable acts that I couldn't even describe here!I guess those were typical drag queens' moves.Don't get me wrong,they were really hilarious and entertaining though.

The 1st drag queen who performed cheeky acts towards that poor handsome straight guy.
The 2nd one did a nasty move by removing her bosom paddings right on stage!Crazy huh?
Having the time of my life laughing at those 2 crazy women.

After the unexpected performances,Meor,our creative/stage producer of Cabin Crew Nite announced about our involvement in KLIA's flash mob organized by the company and the stages of hardwork we went through into making the flash mob a successful one.He invited the 5 of us up to the stage for a special applause from the rest of them.Man,was I blushing in embarrassment!


Well,it was a great night of fun and laughter.There were lucky draws in between,as well as official appreciation letter giving ceremony to each of us involved in Cabin Crew Nite.It was also the perfect night to introduce my husband-to-be to the rest of the team =) Coming up,there are many other important events that has been lined up for all of us,so we're expecting schedules of rehearsals pretty soon.I definitely have no problems with the news as I'm super psyched to be involved in more big events in the nearest future.Plus,I love the company of all the pretty,talented people in the committee,especially these 2 ladies here...


Previously,no pictures of us performing on stage were posted on any of the Cabin Crew Nite blog posts,so I'm leaving you guys with a few that I've downloaded from a colleague's Facebook.So enjoy and a very Happy Chinese New Year to all of my Chinese friends and wonderful blog readers!

Grease
Mamma Mia.Yeah,I was the one in the crazy pink outfit and wig =P
Copa Cabana.My head gear was falling off.
Priscilla,Queen of The Desert.
Priscilla,Queen of The Desert - Closing act
Show Business.
Special appearance - Michael Bolton,singing 'When a Man Loves a Woman'.