Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Invitation

I guess I haven't been revealing that much of my wedding preparations on blog posts.Most probably because some part of me still believe in surprises.OR...maybe I just don't like others to put on too much expectations on how my wedding ceremony is gonna turn out to be.

So lets skip the heavy and focus on a lighter and more fun part of the whole preparation: invitation card distributions!Yeah,I'm talking about going the distances to distribute wedding invitation cards =)

Last Monday,my parents,Sweetie Pie (who voluntarily joined at the last minute) and I went for a 24hour trip to Johor to personally invite important relatives and close friends to attend the big coming ceremony.I guess it has always been a tradition for certain Malay families to deliver this grand gesture of handing the invitation cards personally to those invited.No stamps needed.

We started the journey as early as 7.30am and of course,without further delay,I comfortably went back to sleep at the back seat.Not a morning person and never will be.

The moment I opened my eyes,we were at Kulai Jaya,driving into the parking lot of Johor Premium Outlet.Talking bout diversion of plan!


It was nothing compared to Bicester Village,Foxtown,McArthur Glen's or Rinku Outlets,but I'm proud to at least have something such as Johor Premium Outlets in our country.Good for the tourism industry =) Well,it might not be as good,but still,we managed to burn a little hole in our pockets within an hour of touring the entire area.

When we finally arrived Johor Bahru,we made a few stops at the lovely homes of uncles and aunts living in Johor Bahru.Having to explain every single details of both ceremonies (solemnization and reception) from the theme,to venue,and time,I was actually glad that most of them seemed pretty excited to attend the events,even if they have to travel a thousand miles away from Johor.Seeing their overwhelming enthusiasm just made me wanna skip a week and jump right up to 25th February!


And finally,after years of visiting Johor Bahru,managed to drop by the famous Singgah Selalu Restaurant!Huge variety of food offered there and your eyes could go juling just by looking at the menu!But as usual,when the mind got fickle,I'd stick to the basic and ordered my all time favourite,chicken rice.

Our 24hour trip to the South turned out to be a successful one.Targets achieved!


There will be more posts coming up,mostly on preps approaching the big day.So stay tuned people!Goodnite!