Friday, December 3, 2010

Games Vs Books

First of all,before I started blabbering bout nonsenses that might or might not catch your attention,I would like to express my deepest condolences to the family of an ex colleague.An ex colleague of mine just recently passed away,involved in a car crash in Penang.Sweet,I'll always remember you as someone whom once knocked on my hotel room door,to pass me a takeout just because I didn't pick up your calls.You didn't want me to starve all alone in the room while being sick.Rest in peace,dear friend ='(

Back to the main idea of this entry.

As you all know,I just got a new iPhone 4 for my birthday.And I'm chronically addicted to the game applications at the iTunes store.Boy,the games are all super cool and addictive!No wonder the new generations hardly read!!Once an iPhone is in hand,the books go back to the shelves,ready to collect dust.In my case,there are 3 books =P

While waiting for the cinema theater to be vacant...
...and while waiting for the orders to arrive.

I just couldn't put my phone down!!

At times I wonder,how can we embrace the interest of reading various materials in all of us parallel to our interest towards application and video games?I seriously have no idea!I wish that all of us could be more like the Caucasians or Japanese.Their passion towards reading and gaming are totally balanced!They have iPhones/iPods/iPads and PSPs but never seem to leave their books behind.Well,apparently they do,but after they have finished reading it.I guess they enjoy the pleasure of reading them,but not keeping them.

So far,I don't think those 'Minggu Membaca' or book fairs at PWTC plans are working that much.I personally think that reading interest comes frm home.I love reading coz my dad used to buy me all those fancy hard covered fairy tale books when I was younger.I'm crazy bout pretty stuffs,so if the cover of the books are fancy and pretty,I'll definitely read it.So that was basically how my dad made me hooked to books.He's a reader himself too.

Until I find a way to get tired of the game applications on my iPhone,you folks shld totally stack some materials to read everyday.For cheap original materials,hit the Amcorp Mall and directly to Book Xcess.Don't try to ignore the importance of reading =)