Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Back To School - Part 2

For the past 2days,I was back in the academy for my annual safety class.To those who might not now,cabin crews hafta renew their flying license every year.It is the DCA's requirement that we hafta undergo a refresher class followed by an assessment exam before we get to renew our license.During classes,they are all sorts of practical drills that are mandatory for us to go through such as jumping down the slides frm an aircraft mockup for a fake emergency evacuation,swimming drill for sea survival,and smoke drill for escaping fire emergencies.But it it not compulsory to complete every single drill in a year.

As for this year,it was vital for to jump down the emergency slides and make our way through a confined area filled with smoke.I remember blogging bout last year's safety class and I totally have some new pictures taken during this year's safety class for you folks.Check them out! =D

First day in class.
In our 'offshore' overalls before jumping down the slides.
Revising at the breakfast table on the 2nd day of class.
After nailing the exam with full marks.Hoorayy!!

You might be viewing more pictures of me in office attires than my beloved green kebaya uniform in future entries coz I'll be sitting for a 3week Boeing 777 class in the academy next month.Definitely not something I look forward to,but I guess they just need some sweeties around 'decorating' the academy instead of having them all up in the skies.So hafta gladly fulfill the company's wishes =P

Anyway,I have another class to go tomorrow which is called Crew Resource Management(CRM) conducted by our technical crews.I'm pretty positive it is gonna be a boring one unless some cabin crews started arguing with the technical crews on matters that they won't bring up during flight.Or else I might just sneakily plug in the Ipod into my ears throughout the session.Problem solved.Hehehe.