Wednesday, May 9, 2012

OGA Day

I've always wished to go back to where it all began. The rebellions, escapes, rise and fall of my academics, friendships, rule-breakings, and more. That one place where I grew up to be the person I am right now, and where I met my true friends that will be treasured for life.

Tunku Kurshiah College.

Hey, look at us on the right! Do we look like pemimpin harapan agama, bangsa dan negara? Maybe we were an exception =P

I've terribly missed those days of all eating together at our dining hall, lazily tossing and turning on our beds when the house games captain shouted it was time for evening jog, marching while playing our band instruments under the hot sun, coming up with all kinds of sickness just to get the warden's permission to go back home, wearing the same green batik kurungs for weekend outings, and finally, hiding under beds and crawling along the corridors with true partners in crime to escape lousy talks and preps. Yeah, I was one naughty high school girl, back in the days. I supposed that Sweetie Pie was quite aware of that fact before he decided to spend his whole life with me =D Seriously, what was the fun of being a nice, skema, rule-abiding student? Glamour, growing up, and greatness could wait, but you could never go back to being 16 or 17 years old.

Our beloved TKC is moving to Enstek city soon, and last 1st May was our last Old Girls' Association (OGA) Day on TKC's original school grounds (where we all spent our teenage years), at Jalan Tunku Kurshiah, near Bukit Merbah, in Seremban. Both Nadd and I didn't wanna miss the chance of saying goodbye to the old faithful buildings of TKC that we have both vandalized and loved at the same time, so off to Seremban we went on Labour Day. It was also my chance to show my husband, Sweetie Pie, where his beloved wife had been spreading her naughty wings before becoming the person he's married to :)


The three of us arrived at TKC's grounds that morning with no intentions of taking part in any of the OGA's activities. We just wanted to walk down memory lane, remembering what was good, and forgetting what was bad while we were students of TKC.

1 C, my first class there.
1 K, Nadd's first class. Glad I wasn't in hers or we would've been little devils since day one.
The brass instruments on display at the Form 1 lounge.
Magnolia, the dorm where Nadd and I were given warnings, one after another, for singing out too loud after lights were out.
The corridor where Pear and I used to crawl along to avoid being seen by the wardens =P
Our beloved Yellow House, Siti Zawiah. God, I wished the house was in a different color. Like Pink, for instance =P
Signing the house' guestbook. Not that I was important or anything.
Oh and we bumped into another fellow house member, Dira, right in front of Siti Zawiah. Dira and Mamai were watching a basketball match between old girls and the present girls.
Dahlia. The dorm where both Nadd and I were constantly visited by Pear. To study. As if!

We decided to stay til noon and had our lunch at TKC's dining hall for the last time. In has been 10 years since I last got into a queue at the dining hall to get my meal there. Well, it used to be dishes on a tray but that day, it was dishes on a plate. But one thing remained, Negeri Sembilan's signature dishes. Spicy and berlemak. God, I missed those, eventhough I was and will always be spicy-food intolerant.

With Sweetie Pie at the dining hall.

Before heading home, our last stop was Dewan Budiman. The legendary hall where all good and bad memories treasured. One of the best would be having our annual well-knowned English Drama Competition here. Students from other boarding schools such as MCKK, SDAR, KYS, STJ, as well as family members and friends would come to witness the grand event every year. Back then, TKC girls were known for their creativity and hardwork in putting a great and memorable show for the guests to remember and admire. How I missed running around behind and on the stage with costumes and props, just to win the competition every year. And we actually did. The Fightersz (our batch name) of 9802 won the junior category in 1999, and overall champion for the next 3 consecutive years (2000-2002). Something that we could definitely be proud of for a life time =)

Bubbly Nadd!
The staircase couple.
Friends forever,babe!
We'll miss ya, Dewan Budiman!

Then, it was time to say goodbye to our old faithful college. I wished that the could just cut off the whole college grounds and paste them at Enstek='( TKC will never be the same again, and that just hurts so bad ='( Okay enough bout TKC or I'm gonna start tearing up. Til then folks!