Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hollywood Moments in Hong Kong

Apparently,humor and irony IN my life are OUT this Fall.

Apart from not being able to wave my last goodbye to my parents before they got on the plane to Mecca for 3 whole weeks and not getting to celebrate Hari Raya Aidiladha this Sunday with the rest in Muar,I got called up to go for a flight of terror.Halloween's just around the corner,so I'm guessing irony is definitely lingering around somewhere =P

Last 3 days,I was on standby duty at home,confidently assuming that there would be no flights available to go to.Just a few minutes after my standby time started,the officers told me that I was needed on a flight to Hong Kong.Let me tell you folks something about flights to Hong Kong.Not just that it's simple and short haul,the crews also get to enjoy a day off in Hong Kong before flying back home.On top of that,the flight allowances are competitive,considering that it is only a 3 hour and 45 minutes flight.Hardly anyone will miss the chance of jumping onboard that flight.

At first,I thought I hit the jackpot by getting such flight during standby,until,I reached the flight management building to sign in for flight.I scrolled down the list of crew names on the screen of the computer,and there it was,......a name that made my 'luck' seemed a lot more sensible.I didn't hit a jackpot after all,it was more like hitting rock bottom.

A name that all of us dread off,especially the non-supervisory crews.She was the assigned In-Flight Supervisor of our Hong Kong flight.That 1 particular crew,whose place I was replacing on that flight definitely made the right decision to not show up.When onboard,every single of us was picked by her on undefined mistakes we made.I would say that she's the real 'Devil Wears Prada' of our airline.

To take my mind off my fear towards Ms Miranda Priestly during my off day in Hong Kong,I decided to go sightseeing,instead of doing the usual (shopping,of course!) with a fellow companion.We left the hotel to the city central as early as 9am with great plans on our mind.As we reached the central,we walked for almost 2 kilometers towards a famous tourist attraction in Hong Kong,the Peak Tram.On the way there,we stopped by a nearby park,right in front of IFC Mall,to eat our McDonald's breakfast takeout.While enjoying my scramble eggs,I was also wishing that I didn't pack my platform ankle boots for this Hong Kong flight.The fashionable,yet stupid self of mine ended up torturing my 2 precious feet with some extra weight the whole day =P

Loved the eggs but resented the adorable boots.

As we reached the Peak Tram,there was already an awful lot of people queueing to purchase tram tickets to get to the Peak.We managed to jump the long queue by getting combo tickets : Return Tram + Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum entry pass.Yes,they have Madame Tussaud's Wax museum in Hong Kong too!I've been to the 1 in London when I was younger,and remembered every second of the magical experience.I got to pose with the whole British Royal Family,Charlie Chaplin,Michael Jackson,Crocodile Dundee and other magnificent wax figures.But yesterday,I posed with a whole bunch of my personal idols!

The hill to be climbed towards the Peak was super steep,thank goodness for the comfy big tram.

Once we reached the Peak,we didn't waste any minute of our time and straight away raced towards the wax museum.We were welcomed by Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee's wax figures,but once we stepped in,our Hollywood moments started.It was like walking on a red carpet filled with Hollywood A-listers!Definitely a dream come true for an average Malaysian girl like me ;D

Bumped into the Aussie beauty,Nicole Kidman...
...the glamourous couple,Brangelina..
...the hunky vampire Robert Pattinson..
...Rob again..
...and Rob again!Okay,I'm obsessed with Rob,what are you gonna bout it? =P

Moving on to legendary icons of all time ;

Mr Will Shakespeare..I wanted his quill so I could write as good as him =D
The undeniable genius,Mr Albert Crazy Hair Einstein.
..And of course,the Lady whom I shared a name with,Diana..
...and the British Royal family.I was pretty sure I fit in just well among them =D
Obama a legend?Not quite sure bout that fact but I sure enjoyed being his secretary though ;)

Next were the walk of fame past golden Hollywood icons,present as well as in the past.Starting with....

My personal favourite idol,Audrey Hepburn!Had a lovely Breakfast at Tiffany with her =D
A flown full skirt moment with the golden girl,Ms Monroe.Yeah,there was a look-alike dress and wig provided for visitors to don.
Rock 'n' rolled with the King himself,Elvis Presley.
...and shared a mic with King of Pop,MJ.
They loved me,yeah,yeah,yeah.....;D

Apparently,not just Hollywood icons made it to the museum,but Bollywood as well!

Namaste,Mr Amitabh Bachan.

And not forgetting my favourite HUGE basketball player,

Couldn't you be anymore taller,Yao Ming?

Well,I took a few more pictures with other amazing celebrities such as Madonna,Lady Gaga,and Spiderman but I'm utterly exhausted to continue downloading more pictures.All I can think about right now are my fluffy pillows and a double mushroom swiss burger with large potion of french fries.But all I can afford to munch on right now is Milo cereals while hugging my fluffy pillows.It's raining cats and dogs outside,and there is no way I'm gonna soak myself wet just to get some burger and fries.

Anyway,now that the nightmare flight was over,I could sleep soundly tonight with hopes of not bumping into the devil who wears freaking Prada in my dreams or reality for that matter,ever again!

*Wonder what my parents could possibly be doing right now..Praying for their safety and accomplishment of getting Haji Mabrur at the end of their journey in Tanah Suci.Amin*