Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Convocation,Again

Having been born to have interest in dressing to the nines,I always see formal events or parties as huge opportunities to look golden and watch others do the same.Attending theaters,wedding receptions,convocations,shows,and such ceremonies are the highlights of my boring routine life.

It was Sweetie Pie's convocation day last weekend,and of course,I wouldn't miss it for the world!I never got to attend my own convocation so I got pretty excited attending others'.


Last May was Pasha's convocation ceremony held at University of Auckland,and the experience of attending it was moving.Perhaps the way each university celebrated their graduates varied.Here I'm listing the differences down for you folks :

University of Auckland


*No speech from awarded best student.

*Hands were clapped for every graduate receiving scroll.

*All educators were seated on the stage.

* No singing choir group.

*No automatic moving stand that went right up front of Chancellor for his speeches.

*1 big fat clap from graduates for attendees (parents,relatives and friends)

*No limitation of attendees for each graduate.

*Graduates were less formally behaved,not tied to any protocols.

University of Tenaga Nasional


*A speech from awarded best student.It was touching,I might add.

*No clapping of hands for graduates receiving their scrolls.So,I didn't dare to break the formality by clapping and cheering for Sweetie Pie =P

*Only a number of educators (especially those with PHDs) were seated on the stage,while the rest were hardly noticed among the parents' and graduates' crowd.

*There was a choir group,singing at the top of their lungs during intermissions,opening and closing of the ceremony.

*No claps from graduates to attendees of the ceremony.Damn.

*A limit of two attendees for each graduate.Poor Ammal had to stay at the hotel room =(

*Graduates were formally behaved.None of them even proudly waved to the audience from the stage.

Enough of the differences.One thing that both ceremonies have in common was graduates and attendees suiting up.Although I didn't get to wear my Chanel dress like I did back in Auckland,at least I got to put on a rusty old fancy kebaya I owned back in 2005.It finally got to breath some fresh air out of the closet =P


Denna,Sweetie Pie,Aunty Asiah and Ammal.


Note that the cute blushing teddy was from me,and the other pretty bouquet was from Ammal =)

It was a ceremonious afternoon.Even a few of non-graduating friends of Sweetie Pie came to share the moments with him,and one of them was Adzale,a close buddy of his.He came with great news,telling that he's officially dating a good friend of ours,Mossy!We couldn't be happier for both of them,and I hope they wouldn't mind me telling everyone bout their friendship-turned-to-love relationship here =P If they do mind,well,"Sorry darlings!What's written can't be undone!Just like how you both are fated to be with each other ;D".Hehehe...!

Ad,Haziq,orange sunnies guy(?),and Sweetie Pie.

Time was running out that noon.I escaped the first half of Cabin Crew Nite rehearsal to attend the convocation and promised the producer that I would be joining them for the second half of the rehearsal.With no lunch and proper goodbye to Aunty Asiah and Ammal,I left UNITEN grounds for the dance studio at Taman Sri Rampai.

Of course,before I left,I managed to grab hold of Sweetie Pie's graduation cap.I guess that was how I would look like if I were to ever graduate =P