Thursday, October 6, 2011

Belles of The Mall

It is crucial that you stay in touch with all of your friends,boy or girl,coz you'll never know when you might need them the most.Each friend plays a different role in your life without you knowing it.In girls' world,portrayed in the epic series of Sex and The City,you'll need a Carrie,Samantha,Miranda and Charlotte to surround you at the coffee table during brunch.As you can see,they're all different in all sorts of aspects,but they eventually complete each other and become soulmates for life.

In my case,I'm mostly surrounded by sweet Carries and Charlottes,and.......a Samantha.That Samantha is none other than Ms Carleena.

Carleena is my Sam for a whole lot of reasons.She's fabulous,takes no for an answer,bachelors (or some might be not) at her fingertips,super strong and independent (but secretly fragile),and did I mention fabulous?I've known her since 2007,when we first met at the Petronas Twin Towers,waiting to be interviewed and selected as 1 of Petronas F1 GP Gridgirls.Of course,we both made the cut and became grid girlfriends and not to mention close friends ever since.Together for 3 years as grid girls,Motor GP hotties,Polo Angels,and other minor events.

After a couple of years of not seeing her,Carleena and I finally set a date to catch up and do what we girls always do best,shopping.

Well,my day started horribly wrong.What's new?As I was dolling up in front of the mirror at home,suddenly,all went dark.It wasn't just the weather turned cloudy,but electricity went off too.It was a black out,and I haven't even blown my wet hair yet!Just terrific!Without further delay,I simply continued to do my makeup and picked a random outfit that wouldn't need any ironing.It happened to be my lavender cotton dress and beige cardigan,both from Forever New.

As I reached The Gardens that noon,I left Carleena waiting patiently for me at Sushi King while I went to blow my hair at Metrojaya's stylish powder room.Oh yeah,folks.I brought my hairstyling tools to the shopping mall,under desperate measurements.I've always hated looking undone when going out so there was no way I would hang the whole day with Carleena looking like a girl who only made it halfway through a hair blow at the salon.A middle-aged Chinese lady from Penang,who was also in the powder room,simply lightened up my day by saying I looked like an angel!I know what you folks must be thinking right now.That Penang lady must have been out of her freaking mind,right?!

Anyway,Carleena and I hardly spent that much time at The Gardens.After lunch,we drove to Suria KLCC for more exciting things to do.Little did I know,my Carleena has turned into a crazy shopaholic only after a couple of years not seeing her!She dragged me from the major department stores to most of the outlets at Suria KLCC.We made bunny hops from Ferragamo to French Sole,Gucci,LV,and Sephora without a single sweat running through our makeup.For all I knew,she was also awfully allergic to the sight of this :

BRANDED SALE!

....like me!Carleena ended up with 2 Warehouse dresses at the sale and nil for me.It was just sad that I couldn't afford to splurge on unnecessary items at critical times (planning a wedding) like this,but watching Carleena did all the shopping on my behalf was just as good.It slowly released me from eternal craze for shopping.


Catching up with lotsa caffeine involved was a must.At the coffee table at Dome,we realized that no matter how long the years have taken into separating us,we were still the same old Denna and Carleena,only with cuter outfits ;D We might have grown a little and changed the men in our lives,but deep inside,we were and still are these outgoing innocent party girls like we used to be.


It was good seeing Carleena again!She reminded me of my younger years,not that I'm pathetically old now =P And by that,I've managed to pull the interest of another potential ARRESted For Life blog reader/follower for mentioning about her on this post. Hehehe! Hope you'll like this post,Carl ;D

Good night folks and love you all!