Monday, August 1, 2011

1st of Ramadhan

The last week of July was really tough for me.In fact,it wasn't just for me,but the whole familia.Contagious viruses kept attacking us 1 by 1 like preys.I had to report sick from flying duties for 3days in the row,due to heavy and phlegmy coughing,cold and fever.Getting sick wasn't something that I look forward to dealing with coz I'm not and never will be medicines' biggest fan,yet I was happy to be home for the whole week =)


See what I meant by being happy to be staying at home?I managed to catch up with some sleep,eat in bed and of course,never hafta leave the bed!Haha.I also spent most of my time watching this thrilling chick flick TV series called Pretty Little Liars,episode after episode.


Pretty Little Liars is mainly about these 4 hot girls in a clique,haunted by anonymous messages from a stranger who calls him/herself A,after the death of their Queen Bee,Alison.Since there are no Glee and How I Met Your Mother during Summer,those pretty little freakin' liars really keep me entertained while I'm on my sick bed.Just like other TV series,I too have a favourite character/liar from this series.It's the Liar far on your left in the above picture,Spencer Hastings .She's my personal inspiring muse,after Blair Waldorf.

So enough bout the liars.Today is finally the 1st day of the Holy month of Ramadhan!

How was your 1st day of fasting in the month of Ramadhan?=) Mine was pretty challenging,had to go for a long turnaround flight,with light load of passengers.And surprisingly,I felt sleepy and drowsy throughout the entire flight.That was sooo not me.On most of the flights,I'd be walking in the cabin with rounds of smile,but today,I couldn't stand myself from coughing in the cabin and resting on the crewseats in the galley to shut my eyes.I didn't sleep,coz that'd be preposterous,but I just needed to rest my eyes once in every few moments.

When I finally reached home from flight,my parents have already made reservations for breaking of fast at the Concorde Hotel,S.Alam.Definitely at the top of my list of favourite places for Ramadhan buffet,next to PJ Hilton.It wasn't just to celebrate the end of the 1st day of Ramadhan,but also a modest celebration of Ibu's 52nd birthday which is happening tomorrow!


Well,her Prada wallet,which is a present from both Sweetie Pie and I,is still on its way to the doorsteps but it should be arriving anytime soon from the States.It's a pity though,that she couldn't get her present later at midnight.

At Concorde earlier,being a light eater as I've always been,I managed to start of with a bowl of Bubur Lambuk,some mixed grill of lamb chops,beef tenderloin,and salmon for my main course,and chocolate cake as the finale.Not forgetting some dried mangoes dipped into the chocolate fountain next to that slice of chocolate cake.I'm super full,but lucky that I still have the strength to blog a new post here.



As for now,I'm wishing you all of my beloved Muslim readers a very blessed Ramadhan,and don't ever think of skipping your fast,comprende??!Love you guys and good night! =)