Friday, September 30, 2011

Change Of A Uniform...Or Not?

Theoretically,I'm at a corner of a field,waiting to swing my bat on a curve ball,that is coming closer towards me by the second.The problem is,I'm not too sure whether I should swing my bat to hit the ball or miss it.If I hit the ball,I'll have to run as fast as I can,go through all the obstacles that might come my way to win the game.Miss it,I'll just hafta stay there,keep trying to hit the ball til I swing it right,or worse comes to worse,the coach will just say 'NEXT!'.

Okay,let me rewind to a month ago.

I received an email from a headhunter just right before Raya,offering me a job in retails.She said it would be good for me to expand my wings in retails coz I have tones of experience in customer service.She thought that 7 years in the airline would be good enough to prep me into being an excellent customer service representative,not just at any retail outlet,but at Louis Vuitton!Let me rephrase this...at LOUIS freaking VUITTON!!

When I met the headhunter at her office in Hartamas,the job at Louis Vuitton sounded promising enough for me to consider putting my tired proud wings away for good.Leave the skies and hit the ground.I charmed the headhunter with my magical smile and personality,so she thought that it would do the same to the managers in Louis Vuitton too.

Apparently,my smile and personality did the charm for the 2nd time and landed me a job at Louis Vuitton earlier today.

It was a cloudy Friday morning and I went out of the house 2 and half hours early before the actual time of interview with 1 of Louis Vuitton's manager.But luckily,my journey was blessed and there was hardly any traffic jams into KL.I managed to grab a cup of hot caramel macchiato before heading my way up to Muse Floor,Starhill Gallery.


Okay,don't laugh but I was actually stupid enough to just sit there by a closed bar,not knowing that Louis Vuitton's big fabulous office was just right behind an enormous closed red door near where I was sitting.The only other thing around was this creepy waitress statue,stood there staring at me.

I stared right back at her...

When it was almost 9.30am,I stopped being silly and called the office for confirmation.Then only I knew that I spent almost an hour wasting time outside of the big red door.

As I walked into Louis Vuitton's office,it felt just like when Becky Bloomwood entered Alette and instantly knew that she belonged there!Well,minus the wind blowing while a few girls were pushing a hanger full of designer clothes =P The room where I was supposed to be interviewed.....man,it was full with this season's accessories such as clutches,hats,bags,monogram trunks and shoes!I was in heaven...the Louis Vuitton heaven!


I was asked to fill in some forms including writing a short essay on what 'Excellent Customer Service' means to me before getting to meet with the manager.It was 2004 all over again.When I was going through the airline's interview,we were all asked to write a short essay on how do we promote 'Beautiful Malaysia' to tourist passengers onboard.And now,it was 'Excellent Customer Service' in my own understanding.I sure have nailed the essay or I would've been kicked out of the office even before meeting the manager =P

It was a smooth sailing interview and the lady manager literally gave me the job,like I mentioned earlier.But to my surprise,I wasn't thrilled being accepted by Louis Vuitton.You know why?Because they were offering HALF of the salary I'm currently earning with the airlines!Of course,there were benefits and allowances but still it wasn't enough to support my so-called high maintenance life.The airlines have pampered me with certain amount of salary since I was 19,and all of a sudden,I have to face the fact that my favourite designer label,THE designer label I worship so much was offering insufficient amount of salary.Their way of training and rewarding their staffs are by making them start from below and work their way up through hardwork and determination.I must admit that the promotions are rapid,but the question now is,can I survive with only HALF of the salary that he airlines are paying me now?

I have no freaking idea.

This a clueless face.

So there goes my Louis Vuitton fairytale story that hasn't ended yet.I have til next week to decide whether I wana go back to point A and work my way up in the fashion retails industry,or I can stay at my happy place right now in the skies and be stagnant.One hell of a big decision to make huh?I'm pretty sure at this moment,most of you are glad that you're not in my bloody shoes.

Til I have a clearer picture of how my future will turn up to be,I'll just pray for the best decision to pop up in my sleep.I hope you folks will enjoy your precious weekend and Selamat Habis Raya! =D