Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pre-Marital Course

Unfortunately,like I mentioned earlier in my previous entry,I was terribly attacked by cold and sore throat right after I got bck from Shanghai.And apparently,a day off after wasn't enough to obtain recovery.Even a panel doctor hafta agree (they don't normally let you off that easily) that I wasn't fit enough to fly the next 2 days,so an mc was given,exempting me from my worst nightmare,Delhi flight.Haha..I never got the chance to escape frm that horrible flight,but finally luck sided me.Not that I loved being sick but dealing with cold and sore throat was wayyyy better than dealing with those ridiculously difficult Indian passengers.

With the help of those powerful antibiotics and lozenges given,I managed to feel a little better the next day and spontaneously made a decision to call up Miss Bestie with a plan to go for a walk-in registration,signing up to join a pre-marital course at Kompleks Niaga Bangsar.You see,I might have misused the opportunity given to rest at home and recover frm sickness,but on the other hand I desperately need to utilize the weekend fully as the rostering department are not so keen on being generous to give weekends off.And I hafta get the premarital course done and over with as soon as I can.I doubt that I'll have have ample time to juggle everything that needs to be done very soon.

We dropped by the complex at Bangsar around 9.30am last Saturday.The place seemed a little dodgy,yet the previous premarital courses they organized were attended by a big number of Malaysian celebrities across KL.How did I know that?Well,dozens of the celebrities' pictures while attending the courses were all over the Zura's Akademik's wall of fame.We managed to register ourselves and our journey through two long days of motivational talks on marriage started at 2pm on that particular day and 8am the day after.

On our 1st day of the course.

The 1st day went well as it didn't consume too much of our time.One particular Ustaz was super hilarious and he delivered his message well.He encouraged the future newly weds to respect,communicate and always look good for each other.He specifically asked the future wives not to look like nenek kebayans when at home and not to be infected by a common female disease called bebel-ism.Haha.I'm pretty sure I'll be one of those who gets infected with bebel-ism,especially when Mr Future Hubby keeps repeating the same mistake that he'll be doing in future =P Talking bout Mr Future Hubby,he did his pre-marital course not long ago with the rest of his classmates in Uniten.I guess that explained why I dragged a girlfriend along to accompany me.Furthermore,the certificates are valid for life,it'll benefit her in the nearest future too =)

As for the second day of the course,it was a little draggy.Nevertheless,I managed to stick in a toothpick in between my half-shut eyes and stayed awake all day.But before the course ended for good,there was a role playing session where you have to imagine yourself seeking your partner's hand in marriage,getting engaged and going through a nerve wrecking solemnization ceremony.The sketches turned into hilarious series of comedy as most of the roles were played by spontaneous sporting participants of the course.

Well,Alhamdulillah both Ms Bestie and I finally graduated from our once in a lifetime pre-marital course,and it was a relief.Phewwww!!!Six months from now,Sweetie Pie and I will most probably be prepared to go through hardship of getting the early stages of process done before our big day in January 2012.Insyallah with the Almighty's blessings,we'll get through it.Amin =)

Pinky Sunday =D