Saturday, April 17, 2010

Manners,Where Art Thou?

I've just successfully decluttered 90% of my stuffs in my pink bedroom,for no reason.Haha.Well,it was something spontaneous that I did after finished reading a book that I just bought.Seriously,why couldn't I read slower?If I read like a person who suffered dyslexia(not that I was praying to be dyslexic),I would probably have more materials to read in a very long period of time unlike now.I only took 2days++ to finish reading all the chapters in 1 book.Back to the 'decluttering' topic again,I managed to fill in 2 big black rubbish bags with old stuffs such as gifts from my exes,unwanted soft toys,piles of papers and bills,and dried flowers.I've filled all the empty spaces in my room with stuffs that darling Juares had given me for the past 8months.I beautifully hung the Liverpool scarf at the wardrobe door,rearranged the cute bunnies of all sizes on my bed,poked the big red rose at the laundry basket as it acted well as a giant vase,and put the 2  lovely Barbie dolls on top of the TV.Darling,help me decorate my room with more gifts from you.Hehe=)
Enough about my decluttering activity.Let's talk about manners!Boring topic huh?But seriously people,what has gotten into your minds?What makes it so polluted that you can't seem to behave in a good manner?I recently just got back from a Karachi-Dubai flight,and I actually suffocated and drowned in a flight of people with no manners!If you want me to preach about manners of the middle-easterns,I will probably be writing this entry til tomorrow so lets just focus on our people as in Malaysians.I've accidentally involved in a so-called triangle during dinner in 1 of the restaurants in Shah Alam.There was a couple sitting at a table next to ours(my parents and I).The boyfriend kept looking my way.He actually stole quick glances at me while the girlfriend was eating or looking away.I couldn't be bothered with his glances as he was not really as eye-catching as my own boyfriend.Little did I know,the girlfriend had started noticing her boyfriend's naughty glares so she stared at me in disgust.Excuse me,I was the innocent one there and why should I take the bullets off your boyfriend?Beauty is something that we cannot define or compare as it is a gift from Allah SWT to His creatures,but it is our duty to be grateful with what has been given by enhancing it.So,before you  gave that annoying look of yours to me,why didn't you check your own reflection in the mirror and asked yourself why did your boyfriend looked at some other girls in admiration?Because I knew myself for sure that my boyfriend wouldn't do such thing to me,not in a million years.If he ever did,I would've checked myself  in the mirror asking what would've been wrong with me.And please lady,for God's sake you were wearing tudung,so why couldn't you sit properly by closing the gap between your thighs or even crossing your legs?You didn't just need an attitude adjustment,it looked like you needed grooming and deportment lessons too.I also overheard you ordering food at the waiter with no magic words in use at all!Where were your PleaseS,Thank youS or Excuse Mes?That waiter was a human being with feelings too.Self-centering much?
Folks,that was only one incident I was writing about but in real life,I've met these kind of people with lack of manners almost everyday either at the blue skies or on ground.I might not be the best mannered girl you'll ever meet but I'm certainly in your top 10 list.You can bet on that=)