Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Books And Shoes

As  much as I love to catch up with my never ending issue of lacking of sleep and shopping craves during nightstops,I do fancy clicking on stranger channels,beyond similar from those we have on Astro.Sometimes it's fascinating to get to watch unfamiliar TV programs,regardless if they're old or new.

Earlier yesterday,1 of the episodes of Spin City viewed at Australia's GO! channel caught my attention,and made me burst into laughter!I hope you guys still remember Spin City and its main star,Michael J. Fox (the Back To The Future guy yang tak berape cukup tinggi tu?Ring any bells?).There was this part when a family was having dinner and invited MJ Fox along as he was the employer of the daughter.

Daughter : Mom,dad..I wanna move out.I wanna live on my own in the city.
*Dad freaked out*
Dad         : What?But why?!You want a bigger room?You'll get gran's room....in another few years!
*Old granny looked confused but continued eating anyway*
*Audience at the studio laughed*
Daughter : Hey,help me out here!
*Daughter nudged MJ Fox who was very into the food served on the table*
MJ Fox    : What?Oh,right...More salt,Gran?
*Old granny looked confused again but took the salt anyway*
*Audience in the studio laughed*
Daughter : No!That was not what I meant!

Well,I found the scene very amusing as there were so much miscommunications involved there.Daughter wanted freedom,but daddy thought he wasn't providing enough.Daughter wanted her boss to back her up,but boss was too focused on dinner served and decided to help reduce the number of granny's living years.How hysterical!

So,the point I was trying to stress out here,that not everyone could understand each individual's needs.Like my vital need for good,entertaining books just as much as I need designer bags and shoes filling my closet.Some got it (like my parents and fiance) but some just didn't (like most of my fellow colleagues).

Although my most recent stay at Down Under was extremely short,I made a point to be an early riser,just to make time for book hunting before our wakeup call for flight at noon.When it's almost Christmas,good books will be released sparingly throughout the month.I would normally take the excellent opportunity to stock up my collection of books for my routine reading pleasure.Well,my crew members could hardly understand that and thought I was insane for sacrificing the rest time I had to get a few bloody books.

Lately,I've been seriously obsessed with self-help,relationship,style and beauty hand books.On the way back to KUL,flying as a dead head crew,I spent the whole 6 cruising hours digging my nose into the new books I purchased.

The books were too interesting that made the inflight headphone given meant for the IFE remained untouched.

While others just couldn't get how my feminine complicated brain worked,Sweetie Pie and Asha definitely got me.I've never received that many pair of shoes on a birthday before!Only 2 pairs of them,but both were super lovely!Not just some shoes,they were ballet flats (my absolute favourite type) from Stuart Weitzman and Coach =D

A girl like me couldn't ask for better presents.Thanks a bunch,guys!

Anyway,I've gotten over the birthday excitement and moving on as a 26 year old bum.Only the notorious wedding jitters have started creeping into my nerves slowly.Hope I'll make it through these last 2 months =P

That's all for now,folks.Have fun in the 1st week of December! =D