Sunday, December 18, 2011

2012's Resolution - Being Lovely

It's 15 days away til the major life changing countdown.I've managed to make a hell of a list on resolutions for the shiny new year...and they all went down to..

BEING LOVELY
Less of Hilton,More of Hepburn

The word lovely is subjective.Therefore,I'll break down the major contents of loveliness,according to none other than my personal role model,Audrey Hepburn.Well,she didn't actually classify herself as a lovely woman,as she was way too modest to admit that,but others (including myself,of course) see her as the irreplaceable golden lovely girl.

It would be naive to think that I could ever be exactly identical to the wise,elegant,and beautiful Audrey Hepburn as we were all born different and live in a different world now.But there are no harms of projecting her greatest attributes for the future generation (particularly mine and your daughters/granddaughters) to seek and look upon as examples.Clearly,I can't rely on the girls splashed across the pages in Mangga or URTV (most probably posing next to the pool) to hold up our feminine honor and reputation.I'm obliged to alter some of my character measurements to be a qualified role model,while hoping for my fellow sisters out there to join in.And may we all together be LOVELY =)

In order to achieve the target of loveliness,here are the key points that I need to work on :

*Believe others come first
- listen effectively,and keep your mouth shut.Know the right time to talk.
- practice empathicalism (like Hepburn did in Funny Face)
- respect wishes and personal choices of others.

*Impeccable in appearance and generous with smile
- consider that it is rude to go out in home attire and unmade face.
- feel graceful with good body language and posture.
- have positivity that my smile will be returned.

*Be gracious and kind
- assume the best of people (even if I know that person dislikes me).
- give and accept compliments genuinely.
- offer a helping hand to those who are in need.
- believe that manners are fabulous and class is sexy.

*Have a balanced life with values intact
- never too busy for my family,loved ones,friends and pets (Cat & Polly ;D).
- prioritize and keep things simple and untangled.
- passionate about everything I do.

Phew!One heck of a list huh?

I'll try my very best to ace all of the above like I've always aced my Japanese language tests back in high school (coz that was the only subject I adored).I might not have problems on getting some done,coz they might be strong natural values inside of me,perhaps a matter of improvising them.But as for the rest that I don't really have,I'll obtain them little by little til I finally learnt,loved and lived with them.

It is such a shame that a woman of class,charm,style and heart like Audrey Hepburn no longer existed to watch the world continue to lose its luster as outspoken,bitchy,self-centered,and snobby women rule the streets,homes and work place.She'll just die again! = P I hope it is still possible for young women,including myself, to maintain traditional virtues in this modern world,irregardless of their status.

So,'being lovely' is my big resolution for the new year.What are yours? =)

P/S: Miss Hilton,you could have dressed like Holly Golightly in a spread,but you're not even close to being lovely like Miss Hepburn.