Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Town of Queens

After the graduation ceremony,it was time to say goodbye to Auckland and say Hello to Queenstown of the South!


We left for ZQN flying on JQ.It was my first time on a low cost carrier and it wasn't a bad experience at all.Don't get me wrong though.I would be delighted to fly on Air Asia or JetStar once in a awhile but why trouble myself traveling on a low cost carrier when I can fly on our national carrier free of charge or just by paying 25% off the full fare?

Unfortunately,once we stepped into the JetStar's A320 to Queenstown that morning,Ibu went telling a stewardess on that flight that her daughter a.k.a. moi is a proud flying stewardess as well.She even added for which airline I'm currently flying for.Dang!Keeping a low profile flying on another's airline seemed to be out of hand now.As I made my way to the lavatory while cruising towards Queenstown,it seemed like the news had been contagiously spread among the cabin crews on that flight and they stopped me by the galley to ask more.I knew that they were just being friendly by engaging a conversation with a passenger that most certainly has something in common to talk about (coz I did it all the time too),but I couldn't help myself from being flattered especially when they labelled me as being 'attractive' and 'polite' which matches the criteria of being a cabin crew.What can I say.I was just doing the honor of bringing the brand of my country wherever I go so that nobody could question it =)

I read my book throughout the flight while Sweetie Pie was busy catching up with his sleep.

No doubt it was a horrible view =P

After 2hours of flight,we finally landed at Queenstown.I'm telling you that you've never seen beauty til you get your eyes on Queenstown.Queenstown is built around an inlet called Queenstown Bay on a long thin lake formed by glacial process,Lake Wakatipu.I know right?All of us loved to make fun of the name too.We concluded that the people living around 'selalu kena tipu'.Haha!=D Anyway,the town has spectacular views of nearby mountains.We were totally mesmerized.

Queenstown was not that big so we could practically walked around the little town on our 2 feets and covered the whole the shopping area within an hour or 2.There was an alley full of duty free shops,including 1 little Louis Vuitton boutique,called Queenstown Mall.


The stuffs they were selling there were so much cheaper than those selling in Auckland or Rotorua,and amazingly the shops there were opened up to 8pm!That was quite rare for countries such as Australia and New Zealand.

With Cookie Time's furry little mascot.
Fetching head gears I must say =D

We loitered around the town til it was late and managed to drop by Hell's Pizza for dinner and supermarket for some groceries before heading back to our little cabin at Pinewood.Stay tune for more interesting activities we did on the South!