Monday, March 28, 2011

Hear Me,Audrey


"I believe in pink.I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner.I believe in kissing,kissing a lot.I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong.I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracle"
- Audrey Hepburn

And I believe in you,Audrey....

Those words have been inspiring me for years and more years to come.

Audrey Hepburn was a living definition of grace and beauty.She was blessed with softness in her eyes and heart,among the famous humanitarians ever lived.Her talent and beauty was admirable and looked upon by generations after generations.I remembered the first movie of hers I ever watched,not Breakfast at Tiffany's,but Sabrina.I even wondered back then how was it possible that 1 girl could possess all the charms in the world that many dreamt of?Those big alluring eyes,the small framed-face with intriguing smile and the lustrous wavy dark hair...I'd kill myself to just even look like that in 1 day!

I fell in love with her even more after watching Breakfast at Tiffany's.I wished to inherit all of the hats she wore in the movie,and I even named my current kitty,which known as Billy Jean by every single gracedenna.blogspot.com reader,Cat.Well,Billy Jean is merely a commercial nickname for her as her father next door is called Thriller,when actually,everyone at home calls her Cat.Coz I clearly remembered Audrey's line in the movie saying that she didn't have the rights to name the cat that she was taking care of,therefore she called it Cat.

Audrey Hepburn is my personal idol.Not that I knew her during her living years,but I looked up to her as a mentor into becoming a gracious,yet strong young woman.Not to be vain but I've always had the gentleness and gracefulness in me since years that I could remember,but I never possess that strength and toughness.I broke down and cry with only a line of sarcasm,fell into pieces with only a pinch of harshness,and suicidal with a touch of others' skin.Sensitivity is my major weakness.Like I said,the lines above said by Audrey Hepburn was absolutely inspiring,that made me believed and still believing in her.I feel even more connected to her with interests that we generally shared.Some might notice that even my Twitter background is a portrait of her.

You might not wanna care how she was when she lived,but somehow you'll wonder what was she so famous of,when even the new generations still talked bout her.Personally,its a waste of time idolizing someone like Marilyn Monroe when you can idolize a real star,Audrey Hepburn.If I ever have the chance to tell bedtime stories to my children in the future,I'd recite some selfless lines of poems recited by Audrey Hepburn to hers.I'd remind my daughters the importance of having grace,beauty and one big hell of a heart =)

P/s : A few years ago,a very old Japanese couple insisted on taking a picture with me while transiting in Kota Kinabalu.They said I reminded them of their favourite English actress with my big eyes and 'croissant' at the back of my head,which happened to be Audrey Hepburn.I'm positive that I look nothing like her,but the fact that the old Japanese couple saw the resemblance between my idol and I made me feel special =)

"I have learnt how to live.How to be in the world and of the world,and not just to stand aside and watch."
- Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina.