Friday, March 18, 2011

Ambition

When we were younger,we were asked by the grown ups on what do we wanna do with life as we grow older.Our famous answers would either be a lawyer,doctor,scientist or teacher.Well,those were the answers that they expected to hear from us,while the truth,hell knows what we wanted to be!In my case,when I answered that I wanted to be a lawyer,my dad said "You're not witty and outspoken enough".After a few years,my answer changed into being a doctor,and again my dad countered "You tu penggeli.You couldn't even hold yourself from vomiting when somebody else was."

Growing up all I've always wanted to be was a star.Well,who doesn't right?Since I suck at singing and dancing is definitely my forte,I've always wished to be a famous gymnast or ballerina.Some never gets it when all I wanted to watch everytime a movie or new series came out was anything musical.From Grease and Rocky Horror to Center Stage,Hair Spray and Get Over It ; I've basically memorized all of the lines and lyrics of the movie soundtracks.My current obsession would be towards Glee =) It was the best news ever when I received an email from the superiors saying that I'll be performing a musical piece with the rest on Cabin Crew Night end of this year,but we'll get to that later since rehearsals will only start commencing this June.

Well,whaddaya know.I'm a proud-flying-high flight stewardess for almost 7years now with the same friggin' company.I guess we'll never get to predict what lies ahead of us.All I can say is that I was lucky enough to have found an amazing dream job at the age of 19.While others were still struggling to look for that perfect career,I've gained such precious possession in terms of experience and the never ending world exploration.Explore la sangat kan,when all I ever did was actually a never-ending-shopping.Hehe!=P

So the other day,my bestie came up to me for advice on what to do with her precious life.I must say that she has pretty intriguing options to choose from,but it is only a matter of choosing the right one.She has an enormous talent in writing,unlike myself,so I suggested her to be a writer.Who knows she could be the next J.K.Rowling or Sophie Kinsella in future,then I could immediately suggest myself to be the manager that sets her appointments with various publishers!=D

Note that next-JK Rowling face on the left =D
After 6-long-hours of career crisis discussion,I sure deserved that big size-of-my-head pink rose from her =D

Not just her though.Both Mr Fiance and baby brother are still looking for that perfect career to pursue on permanently.Not that I know much bout engineering,but it seems that they are not quite satisfied with the positions they are holding at the moment.No matter what all of these darlings of mine are pursuing in the future,I'll just pray for the best of their undertakings.

To those who are experiencing the same situation,my advice would be take it slow and do what your heart desires.Hopefully its not robbing or taking over the world =P