Wednesday, March 14, 2012

With A Single Lafaz......


Yerp,last 25th February 2012,with a single lafaz,I was officially married to the guy of my dreams =) I'm still getting the hang of being called 'Puan' (I know right?Nothing can top being a 'Cik') ,but so far married life had been treating me well.Well enough to overcome the fear of losing my single hood freedom.

Let me take you back to the day before our solemnization ceremony was held.

That Friday morning of 24th February,I finally received the dress for my solemnization ceremony,so that afternoon,off we (Ibu and I) went to the nearest Ariani outlet to get myself a matching hijab for the dress.Not that my designer,Oscar Jeprey hadn't offered himself to create a matching veil for the dress using the same material given by me,but I refused to let him prepare them for me.In my head,I've always imagined not being a stereotypical bride who wears a matching veil,and perhaps a tiara on the head for her solemnization ceremony,so I decided to ditch both veil and tiara.I went for a simpler approach.A matching chiffon hijab with a flower corsage (designed by Oscar Jeprey) tucked at the side of my ridiculously tiny head.The helpful and friendly staffs at Ariani made it possible for me to get that perfect hijab which coordinated with that weird color of my dress.

In the evening,cousins,Aunts and friends started swarming our home to assist us with the process of completing the whole look of our 800 door gifts.The gift was a silver egg holder in a box,neatly tied with a silver ribbon.So the tasks were to unwrap the box,put in an egg (telur pindang)with a few loose white and beige pearls into the holder (and box),and tie back the ribbon neatly around the box.Imagine repeating the tasks for 800 empty egg holders!The extra hands came in handy and the whole process only took approximately 7 hours to be completed.

While others were busy with telur pindangs in their hands,Hanna (my bridesmaid),Fatin (Hanna's little sister),Nadd (the other bestie),GeeGee (cousin) and I went to Maju Junction to collect my hantaran trays decorated with fresh flowers and wedding reception dress right after dinner.But what's a wedding without glitches.The first,and perhaps the worst glitch that I had to go through with was that my beloved bridesmaid couldn't fit into her dress!Partly,it was my fault that I was so confident with Hanna's new measurement since she mentioned that she had lost some weight.But when I tried to zip her up in her brand new ivory bridesmaid dress,the zip when up just half way!I almost cried hopelessly but I remained calm like I've always been throughout the wedding preps.Trust me,the word 'bridezilla' never existed in my dictionary.

After making a few attempts of persuading Leng,Oscar's friend cum Creative Director assistant to help us altering the dress,we still failed horrendously.Leng needed to fully utilize her time with the setting up of our dais for the reception in the evening at the hall,so she couldn't afford to waste any of her precious time on the dress.When Plan A failed,I quickly jumped into Plan B and decided to rent a nice white dress from the boutique for Hanna to wear at the reception.The former bridesmaid's dress was passed to Nadd since she was there helping out and fit the dress perfectly.I didn't want the dress to go to waste so I added the number of my flower girls =)

I ended the eve of my wedding day by going to bed at 2 in the morning,and woke up 5 hours later to get ready for the big day!Imagine my exhaustion! =(

That beautiful Saturday morning went off without a hitch,except for the part when none of us remembered bringing along the cushions for the bride,groom and Ayah to sit on during the solemnization ceremony at the mosque and Pasha had to drive all the way back to Bukit Jelutong from Sultan Salahuddin Aziz Shah mosque to pick the cushions up.Another minor glitch I must say,but everyone played a part into stalling the Imam to proceed with the ritual before the cushions arrived.The wait was nerve wrecking that I could just passed out!Lucky that I didn't.Pheww!

After a single lafaz from Sweetie Pie at approximately 11am,we were legally pronounced as man and wife.What a relief! =)

All guests were invited to have lunch with us at the mosque compound not long after.The day was sunny and bright,absolutely perfect for the ceremony.Well,I'm gona leave you folks here and continue with the next episode of journey through my wedding on the next post.Next post will be on the wedding reception at Dewan Sri Endon,after I'm back from Sydney.So stay tuned!Good night! =)