Tuesday, June 7, 2011

OGA 2011

Good afternoon folks!Just woke up from a deep sleep after arriving in KL from Brisbane.It was a pleasant flight,nice set of crews and most importantly we got to fly on the newest addition in the A330 family!


At first I was quite skeptical on how friendly the aircraft would be towards us crews and passengers,but obviously it was well planned and designed by those who were responsible.The galleys were fully equipped with things we needed,there was no need of transferring things from 1 galley to another.The lavatories were all shiny and spacious for the comfort of passengers.The seats were each complete with personal inflight entertainment personal touch screens,unlike those in our B777 aircrafts,where we hafta select our choices of entertainment using the control unit.

Our luxurious Business Class space.
The comfy and affordable Economy Class space.

It might be hard to get another chance to work/fly on this aircraft again as the new Airbuses only fly to Brisbane at the moment,but I'm so much hoping that the rotation of crews will be at its full speed for me to fly on these babies again=)

Anyway,last week I was busy being an exhibition hostess for the Asian Oil and Gas Show 2011 (OGA) held at KL Convention Center.As much experiences I had at handling crowd during events and exhibitions,this particular exhibition was the most challenging.As the hostess of Pantech Group Holdings Berhad's booth,I was given a crash course on product knowledge,'big shots' of the company and their important clients,which I absolutely have zero knowledge on.Knowledge on the company,as well as knowledge on the industry as a whole!But I've been trained to be the front liner since I was younger,so it wasn't that much of a problem for me.Clueless on something?Just put on that million dollar smile and apply your 7years worth of experience in PR skills=)


How I ended up with Pantech?Well,they were the only booth who needed an experienced semi model,while the rest just needed booth attendants.There was a lot of difference in terms of payments for both categories,and I would rather fly than standing,looking pretty all day at the booth if the payment offered wasn't good=)

I was given 3 different outfits to wear on 3 different days.A little skimpy but I made it through the 3 days.Pheww!!The best part of being involved in such exhibitions/events was that I got to make loads of new friends,meet random important people,and collect various business cards from admirers.Haha!Oh and I bumped into a few friends of mine that I personally know including the lovely Ms Aidura,who is apparently my blog reader too.HI DARLING!=D

The ladies of Pantech.
My new bestfriend during the exhibition,Ms Leanne,whom constantly treating me lunch 3days in a row.Love you dear=)
The admirer from opposite booth.Haha!Kidding;D
Guess the weight of the stainless steel Twin Towers model!The answer was 15.4kg.
Gonna miss them badly..sobs='(

I managed to lose 3kgs after the exhibition,for driving to Setiawangsa,taking the LRT to KLCC,walking to the convention center,standing and entertaining booth visitors for 7hours every single day.Happy that I could fit into my kebaya and jeans so well again!=D It was a great tiring experience.By just standing by the booth,I was noticed by a few talent scouts who offered tempting future jobs for me to enroll.Well,kalau rezeki jangan ditolak.

Have a good week folks!